I need cheap and inexpensive meals???

Ok, ladies, I need some help. We don't have much money for groceries right now and I need to know some of your inexpensive dinners that you have. My family is tired of eating mac and cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches, along with spaghetti, so please help!!

chelcityrocks

Asked by chelcityrocks at 3:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• hillbillyhousewife.com has some cheap dinner ideas.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• We did beanie weenies last night. The other day we did chicken breast(was on sale $5),yellow rice ($1),frozen peas ($1.50) all mixed together and a salad. Doing a breakfast for dinner is cool too, eggs,grits,toast.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I have recently discover Lentils. They make , soup, sloppy joes, tacos, casseroles, frito pie... No need for beef a bag of lentils can do 1.5 meals for a dollar!

Breakfast is cheap as well, eggs with cheese toast/pancakes/french toast and fruit Breakfast burritos

A whole chicken is not to bad when you eat chicken one night and then make soup out of it the next... about 6- dollars and it fosters two meals.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• breakfast of french toast or pancakes, take english muffins and add bacon and top with cheese and melt, hotdogs right now are a good deal and then top with chilli or even just chips, baked pts and what meat on sale this week, meatloaf with baked pts and a can of baked beans, top roman noodles, just salad with all the fixings and then add a box of jiffy cornbread which is cheap,
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Hashed brown casserole
    Baked Ziti
    Taco Salad
    Homemade mac n cheeze with a side salad
    Meatloaf
    meatball sandwiches
    chicken noodle casserole
    tuna casserole
    cheeseburger pie
    all of these you can google

Answer by gemgem at 3:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• supercooks.com you type in what ingredients you have and it shoots out recipes with those ingredients
    Anonymous

• Chicken legs or thighs are usually around $1.19 lb. I usually get a 2-3 lbs package and that has approx 8 thighs or 8-10 legs. Thats usually 2 meals here. Mashed potatoes are cheap, whether homemade or instant. Try to buy meat thats on sale for the week and get different meal ideas by googling. You can try homemade pizzas too, you can use regular bread and make it just like grilled cheese just add preferred toppings! I'm drawing a blank right now but I'm sure there are plenty more ideas that people can give you!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Chicken pot pie

(2) 9 inch pie crusts
    can cream of chicken soup
    can of mixed veggies
    can of white meat chicken with broth
    1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
    1/8 tsp. pepper

Mix all ingredients into bowl--line a pie pan with pie crust. Fill will pot pie filling and top with second crust. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown

Cheap to make and is really yummy.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 3:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I normally buy a big thing of hamburger meat (if your not a vegitatian) and split it up. that can make sheperds pie, tacos, hamburgers, hamburger helper, mac n cheese with hambergure which is basically hamburger helper lol, sphagetti, cabbage rolls, stuffed bell pepers... hmm thats all i can think of off the top of my head for hamburger :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• rice and beans, I do lots of stir fry dinners, for example 1 chicken breast,lots of veggies( I just grab a bag of frozen mixed), the sauce, and rice
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 1:20 AM on Jun. 3, 2011