Eating to keep cool this summer

i would like quick tips to food preparation.

MamawWalker

Asked by MamawWalker at 3:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Use the crockpot more often? I think you mean keeping your house as cool as possible? Also grilling outdoors is a good one. Make salads in the morning. Eat more fruits. Even a fruit salad with dinner is alright.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• George Foreman grill. I LOVE mine.
    Pasta Salads, they can be made in the morning before the heat strikes and kept in the fridge all day.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 3:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• cookout more, crockpot, dinners of salad or meals you can add cold pasta salads, fruit salads,coleslaw is good in the summer, maybe make your meals in the morning in when cooler and then when dinner comes can just reheat the meal.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I use my oven less and grill outside atleast 3 days a week. Crockpot does very well in summer too and lessens the amount of dishes at night.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 4:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• crockpot and electric fry pan are life savers. I also try to do soup/salad/sandwich meals
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 1:18 AM on Jun. 3, 2011