My SO still has his ex wife as a facebook friend and it bugs the heck out of me.

She is constantly posting hundreds of photos of herself and updates a lot. Am I just being childish by letting this bother me? Why do I feel like he should remove her as a friend?

kdwiegandt

Asked by kdwiegandt at 3:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Hugs to ya. I have gfs who have ex's but they do not share facebook with them. If they have children together or were married for a very long time maybe, but this is a hard call. But it must hurt for others to see this.Even if they do not talk, people are nosy to look at his friend's list.I hide my friend's list from everyone. It is shown on the end on the left side of a page my gf told me about. I wish I knew about it sooner. I hate nosy roseies. I hope things work out. You should not let facebook get the best of you.
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I removed my ex boyfriend from my facebook because I think it made my new boyfriend uncomfortable. I don't think you are wrong for feeling this way.. I sure wouldn't want my bf having his ex on his fb. Just simply explain to him that you don't feel comfortable with it.. if hes anything like my guy.. he will delete her! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• He should respect your feelings and delete her. They are exes for a reason. I wouldnt want my husband having ex lovers as facebook friends either.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 3:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• If they have children together you gotta take your hubby with the luggage he came from. If they don't have children than perhaps you should talk to him about how uncomfortable it makes you and ask him to remove her as a friend.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Do they have kids together?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My husband has his ex girlfriend on facebook, but that's only to keep track of her as she is a sneaky, manipulative bitch. Depends on what his reason is. Sounds like maybe there are trust issues here that you should work out with your man.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• That would bother me too. A man should forsake all other women when he marries. Sit down and talk to him calmly with confidence and voice your hurt about this. Tell him it is okay to stay friends with her, but the facebook thing is just too much. Maybe he hasn't really considered that it hurts you so badly. Sometimes men just don't take time to think things through.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I dont think I would be comfortable with that. Have a talk with him and let him know how you are feeling
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My hubby has his ex wife as a facebook friend...she is mine as well. They have children together, making them my stepchildren. We all keep in touch and have a pretty good relationship. I don't find it a big deal at all...we all needed to find a way to get along for the sake of the kids...and we were all adult enough to do that and it works pretty well for us.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My man has his exwife as friends on FB and they have no kids together. But they are just FB friends. He comes home to me, has sex with me, and spends time with me. I wouldn't sweat it.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 4:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2011