My daughters cheeks have been red for 3 days what is it? She is 12m.

Its not wind chap she hasnt even been outside. it is soft and smooth. any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just my daughter to the dr. for this today. Someone got around her with a staph infection and I feared the worst, but he said that they were either chapped or irritated. He told me to use hydrocortisone 1% or something like aquaphor and moisturize and it should clear up but to just continue to watch it.....but that she didn't have any of the symptoms that normally show up for staph. Yay! So, we are just going to try what he said to put on it and see what happens. Now that I see some of these answers I believe hers could be caused from maybe having slightly dry skin (although they don't look dry) and then using wipes after eating Hope this helps!! :)
    sunnygrl2

Answer by sunnygrl2 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my daughter had red cheeks when she got sick and shes about 12 months as well. And sometimes when she sleeps on her face her cheeks will be red
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 4:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Is she running a fever?
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 4:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• no she isnt running a fever. and she has it bright red ALL day if it wzas cause she slept on her face wouldnt it be just one side any go away at some point?
    Anonymous

• 5th disese or slapped check as they caled in the old days its a type of hand foot and mouth disese. The doctor says once the rash has appered it is almost over fever wise. Most kids get this and you probably had it already. Google it
    Anonymous

• My daughter was indoors and had red cheeks, too. She got chapped just from drool, eating and me wiping her face off, and then it actually got infected, all without her being outside or in the wind. I used Neosporin and vaseline and it seems better now.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• she hasnt been sickj though. and they arent chapped its just like her face was painted that color. like i said her face is still soft and smooth. And i google the 5th disease thing and its not that its not that bad.
    Anonymous

• it could be as simple that irs dry in your home. trt putting on aquaphor lotion. that stuff rocks. and if its just from being dry that will clear it up real quick. just avoid using lotions with alcohol because that will dry it up worse
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2008