We dont have tv any more

we have not had TV for a few m. now and have been getting movies from the library but i my not have time to go to the library all the time. we don't have any games and its to hot to go out side for my son, what can we do.

shumpysmom

Asked by shumpysmom at 3:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Entertainment

• Netflix, or youtube for shows.

Inside games and play.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 3:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• what about making playdough and food coloring? how old is your son? what about playing hide and seek in the house? or coloring pictures? making gifts for peoples birthdays/christmas, I know its early but at least something to do - he/you could make the cards and write what you want.. let him color and put stickers on.. what about painting something? do you have crafty type things?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• We don't have tv, so we have lots of art supplies available for my 3.5 yo on weekends. We also give her stuff to play with from the kitchen, like ziplock bags, plastic bowls and utensils, and pots. She loves having books read to her, and we'll turn on music to dance to.

I'll occassionally show her an animal video off youtube, like Shamu (we went to Seaworld last year), but I try to limit it. She also has a lot of fun going thru pics and videos I've taken with the digital camera.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• letmewatchthis.com has almost anything you can think of to watch for free. i also agree with what a few of the other moms said. use crafts to get through the day. the dollar tree is a great place to stock up on things like crayons, paint, paper, glue...etc. i also let my kids clean the house. i get a bucket of warm water and let them wash the walls...or the car...they love it!
    mommy_wambles

Answer by mommy_wambles at 4:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• If you want current TV shows, hulu.com has a lot.
    I've also heard of an arts and craft project called More Than Just a Box (I think that's what it's called anyway!). A friend of mine got it for her daughter, and she made a princess bed out of her box. Cute!
    KelBel322

Answer by KelBel322 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• use your imagination...... my sister and i were in the same situation growing up but we didnt have our parents to do anything with because they were either at work or partying..... we played house and school... when we played house we took turns being the mom and the other being the child. when we played school we did likewise with the teacher and student. it was funny because i would always pick on my sister when she was the teacher or the mom. i was older sister of course so thats why
    kristianmommy

Answer by kristianmommy at 6:03 AM on Jun. 5, 2011