Paint Question

Would kids washable paint wash off of a piece of wood if gotten wet? Of course after its all dried I mean.

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Ya know that is a good question. Is the wood sealed? IF not I would think the answer is no, simply because it would be pourous. GOod luck!
    mini73

Answer by mini73 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yep. MOST paint (kids' and otherwise) will wash/rinse off. Oil-based paint will not however.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• would not use oil base if the kiddos are doing it, I would let them paint then get spray clear coat for outdoors/indoors and it will lasts forever
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 4:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I have a wood table and the magic eraser takes off all types of paint we have used doing crafts. They dry on us all the time and I just go back and clean later. That sponge does wonders.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 4:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Even washable paint won't come off most surfaces completely when it's dry. If you want the paint to stay, seal it, if you want to keep it from staining, but down a plastic table cloth (or shower curtain) to keep it from staining your wood surface.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Thanks ladies I should have mentioned its a craft project. Was thinking of making a garden sign with my daughter but we only have washable paint to use so I want it to stay there.
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2011