How do you get 3 year old to fully potty train when they wont take her at school as often as she needs?

And yes I asked them to take her to the potty more, they said they try as much as they can but it is hard with so many kids. She is in a private church school.

mskatrina

Asked by mskatrina at 4:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That is tough! I have worked day care before so I know how they feel. i also have had to deal with the parent side of it to so I know how you feel. what I would suggest is that you just plan on it taking longer to potty train her. My son was 3 and a half. also is she in pull ups? Those to me tent to pro long the process plus when they are in under wear the teachers tend to be more on top of that child's pottying. If you have the opportunity to take a few days off in the future then that would be an excellent time for you to try and work solo on it with her. In under wear. Keep it consistent as possible and remember she will not go to college in a diaper!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I spent an entire week at home with each of my children to get them fully potty trained. At the end of the week they were not only potty trained, but would yell "I have to go potty" so there was no mistaking their need to go. So if you could just spend some time at home and not leaving the house, that may just do the trick for you.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• We did the same thing. I have 2.5 yr old twins. I get laid off for the winter and we spent two months potty training. They got it really quick and they are doing well now. We only bought one package of pull-ups, my girls thought it was just like wearing a diaper so they wouldn't go in the potty. They wore them at night for a month or so. When they started waking up dry i quit making them wear them, they didn't like them because they wanted to be "big girls". My mom was watching them and she would be consistent with them like i needed her to some thing you just have to do yourself, i found out. "if you want it done right, do it yourself" lol. it's my motto.
    Twinmommy8706

Answer by Twinmommy8706 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2008