Birthday party ideas

I want to throw a party for my dd's first birthday in August. The problem is I live in an apartment, so its not likely to throw one here. I live in Houston (its 100 degrees in the Spring) so an outdoor party isn't ideal either. I don't have alot of friends/family with small children and it wouldn't be worth it to go to Chuck E Cheese or somewhere like that. She doesn't go to daycare either. I really want to give her a nice 1st birthday. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks in advance.. :0

Proverbs_31

Asked by Proverbs_31 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Do you have a family member that you can use their house, like your mom or something? What I did for my twins' 5th birthday this year was rented out their dance class studio, it was huge, and open and I didn't have to worry about scrubbing my house down before everyone came over!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I don't know how many guests you have and how many are children. I have seen people with more adult guests have birthday parties at their favorite restaurant. Some restaurants even have small private rooms if you have 15 or more guests. Just take some cute decorations and baloons with you. Hope this helps.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 4:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Our apartment complex has a "clubhouse" thing where the main office is that you can reserve for gatherings that are too large for the apartment you're living in.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• We rented out a clubhouse for my son's. There is always McDonalds, least it gets you out of the heat. I know gymnastic places around here have party plans. There are the bouncy play places that do party.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 4:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• McDonald"s
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Absolutely! I understand the heat...we live in Florida! What about something in a covered pavillion and a covered park and do an earlier party like at 10-12?
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I would fill the Apt. with colorful balloons, invite a few friends of yours over and family & have some snacks & cake! At one year old, they really don't have an idea of what's going on anyway. As long as it looks fun & she gets some toys, her day will be special!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I know that you said that outside is out, but is there a park or something near by that has a water play area? If so, that could be an option because the water would help to cool the kids. Or is there a community center around that you could rent a room?
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Chik Fil A does birthday parties also. But you could see what your parks and rec department will let you rent. they probably have places to rent in Houston that are nice, like community centers. I had my son's 3rd birthday party at my church's recreation hall, and it was great!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011