My son has been around a child who is bad!!!!! and acting like him.

this kid is so mean and brakes things and kills things and talks so bad. and my son has been around him like tree times and is acting just like him and when i say something to him he tell me that ds does it to or says it, i tell him that that's not good to say or do, but he won't lison i don't know. his mom keeps bringing him around and we have said something about him but....

shumpysmom

Asked by shumpysmom at 4:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Who's child is this? I wouldn't be ok with her just bringing him around- I couldn't deal with it - but then again, i don't have any RL friends so I never really have to deal with it in RL either lol! If she says Nothing when she brings this little boy around I would have to speak up- when your son says Well billy is doing it, I would say loudly, well that is WRONG and billy shouldn't be doing it...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Keep him away from the other kid. That's what i would do. If your at the park & the other Mom brings the kid there, say you have to run to the store or something. If she is bringing him over to your house make an excuse why you can't get together. If all else fails, tell her why you don't like them playing together straight out. Your kid, your rules.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• whats so bad is i have told her over and over, i don't like the way she is and does her kids but its one of my grand-folks friends and she comes in like she owns the place when we go over there, i am a big family person and don't want to stop go to their house.

shumpysmom

Comment by shumpysmom (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Call your grand-folks first before you go over there & see if she's coming. I would keep my kid away if she's that bad. I wouldn't want my Son to become friends with that kid later on when they get bigger, then you have to deal with that! That's exactly why I basically eliminated any contact we had with my DH's cousin. He's a wild lunatic & I fear that his kids will be the same & I don't want my Son near any of them. He bought his 3 year old an ATV & lets him ride it without a helmet & laughs when the poor kid crashes or rolls over! Psycho!!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• if your not gonna stop seeing her and the kid, make sure whenever your kid acts up, you punish asap or it will keep happening.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I agree with calling the grand folks up first to see if she is around or is expected to come over. Maybe she just comes when she sees your car. Tell your folks that you will leave if she comes over and explain to them why. Eventually they will want to see you and have her limit her visits until a time that you are not there. You have the right to protect your child and your childs surroundings. You are the one that is going to have to deal with an out of control kid if you let this continue.
    GabsMom1

Answer by GabsMom1 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Although I don't believe in "bad children" I have seen many children take a path of bad choices because of inadequate guidance. And because these bad choices always appear to be more gratifying, these kids tend to be more imitated that the well behaved ones. you need to keep him away from such bad influences, while at the same time building up his own self respect and integrity so he is armed with self confidence to behave well in a bad situations.
    UltimateGrandma

Answer by UltimateGrandma at 11:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011