Would this bother you

a gf that complains about a lot of sh*t in her marriage life yet does nothing to change it, and just uses you as an ear...its beginning to bother me...to be honest I kept going out with this girl because I didn't have any other friends...well I am not so despret anymore lol and it truly bothers me. SHould I continue to listen or just slowly seperate myself from her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• You should tell her to stop. I would. Be a friend to her, don't just drop her without an explanation. Explain to her that it really bothers you that she constantly complains but doesn't seem to do anything to better her situation.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would give it a break if it is getting on your nerves. You have your own issues and your life to deal with. It is one thing to be a good friend but if it's bothering you, you need your ear back.
    Anonymous

• I can't stand constint whining If i was pretty close i'd just say stop whiing bc its old.. bc I'm sure you've given all the advice you ca by now and if she never takes it it gets irritating. I know for sure. I had the same situation I said stop asking or talk about something else...she didnt so I cut off al contact completely. God she was annoying but its less drama in my life. Good luck
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• You should insist that she work out some of the problems she's unhappy with. Provide her with good advice and just tell her that the complaints are getting old. She should not be complaining if she is not trying and if she continues to do so, tell her you don't want to hear it.
    "Listen, (enter her name here). Iam kinda tired of you ranting about your marriage. I have given you support and advice and you refuse to do anything about it. The negative energy you are pushing off on me is dragging me down and I can't take it anymore. Im sorry but, I really don't want to hear about it anymore so call me when you have something else to talk about."
    TAG2.0

Answer by TAG2.0 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Maybe she just needs someone to vent to!!! You kept hanging out with her cause you were "desperate" for friends and now you want to drop just cause you have a few!! you dont sound like any kinda friend Id want!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Yeah, sometimes people just want to talk about their problems even though they have no intentions of changing anything...if it bothers you that much tell her that you've given her all the advice you can and if she chooses not to use it there's nothing else you can say to help her and you'd rather not talk about that subject anymore. Hope it works out!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• scaredmommy, when you have no friends you don't realize what a good friend is. Since her I've met a lot better people that do the whole give and take with venting and advice we both listen to one another, but with this girl she doesn't ask about me or anything she just talks about herself and her problems and takes none of my advice. So, STFU with your righteousness you don't get it so move along!
    Anonymous

• The frienship sounds very one-sided and she seems to be using you for her own neurotic needs and doesn't seem to care about who you are as a person. I've had "friends" like that and I've slowly pulled away. I don't blame you. You are probably really sweet and a great listener. But it can get exhausting always giving and getting nothing in return.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 10, 2008