Questions for Army Wifes

My husband is joining the Army. He has already taken the practice ASVAB. He goes back to his recuiter to do a drug test thursday and then back to see him again on Tuesday so he can send him to Camp Mabry to take the real ASVAB and then Thursday to do his physical. So I just have a few questions because I'm nervous and a little scared. Why should we expect, and what should I expect as his wife? I don't know how any of this works so any advice or opinions would be gratly appreciated. Thanks Ladies.

jaysmommy08

Asked by jaysmommy08 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• What is he going in as? Recruiters lie and they can trick you so you have to be extra careful. I am prior military and was tricked by my recruiter and now I am out and my Husband is in. What is his MOS selection? What are his interests? My husband is a Ranger. You can talk to me if yu have any questions, I would love to help.

-Fallon
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 5:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Just try to work on your patience now because he may be gone for long periods of time and he may not but either way there are chances of deployment and you will need patience and god to get through the distance. Keep yourself very busy or a least get in the habbit of doing that because if you focus all your time around him and he gets deployed then you will be so hurt. My husband got deployed and i was two months pregnant with our second child. It was hell but we both got through and we survived the stories what happens to marriages in situations like that. Keep lots pf loved ones around and friends. God bless you and your SO.
    momma-misha

Answer by momma-misha at 11:12 AM on Dec. 10, 2008