I HAVE TO VENT......... sorry, may be long.........

I DO NOT MEAN TO YELL, BUT I LIVE IN FLORIDA, I AM A COUNTY EMPLOYEE, I USED TO BE PROUD OF THAT, you know benefits,security,PENSION etc......NOT ANYMORE WE ARE LITERALLY PAID ONE HAIR ABOVE POVERTY LEVEL PAY, BENEFITS CUT LEFT AND RIGHT, NOW OUR CRAZY ASS GOVERNOR HAS MADE IT FOR US TO PAY 3% OF OUR PAY, EVERY CHECK, TO THE RETIREMENT FUNDS, THAT IS ABOUT $70 A MONTH FOR ME.......This is on top of five unpaid furlough days a year (which costs me about $130 on those checks. Now I understand that may not be alot to some people, but hell, I haven't been able to buy groceries in TWO freaking weeks because I am so broke because I got backed up because of a car repair two months ago. I also understand I am blesssed to HAVE a job, to be able to have the pension, but they don't even offer us the chance to decline the pension. WE HAVE TO PAY IT. Sorry and thanks for letting me vent, please don't bash.....I never vent and needed to.

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 4:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• anyway, sorry to hear, sometimes in order for us to make things meet its like we should all quit working that way we can all meet requirements of what we need help with but that is unreal so that is all i can say is sorry!!!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• umm is she ^^ a spammer?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Vent away.. we are always hear to listen. That must be SO frustrating I can't imagine. its hard to get ahead when everything makes you further behind..we feel that way too lately.. we can't ever get a chance to get ahead - :) Hugs Mama.!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Hugs.. sounds tough, there have been so many cuts. I hope you find a way to get on the black side of things not the red, good luck!
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 4:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Hi I am self employed & work from home. I am in need of 3 people to team up with me as soon as possible. There is no cold calling, no product inventory required, no commute, & no boss. You would own your own business & we would work as a team as we grow, overhead is low. You must be positive; self motivated, & enjoy helping people. Contact me let’s set up an appointment; it will only take ten minutes or so to provide you with all the details necessary to decide if this is right for you. There is no obligation… only opportunity. This company is ten years debt free & growing fast. I hope this helps.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 4:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I hear ya SISTER!! My Hubby is a county employee in FL as well. Message me. We are in SRQ County, where are you? It is CRAZY!!! The benefits are getting SO expensive!! I totally get what you are saying!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• we're hear 2 listen,I know right ? its crazy!!!!!!!!!!!! hope u'll get through it, good luck.
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 4:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You have every right to vent! You work hard for your money and you shouldn't have to scrape by because the government wants to take this and that out of your paycheck...I know exactly what you mean...good luck and I hope that everything begins to look brighter for us all soon...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Thank you so much everyone! I love CM, what an awesome release and support system! I thought it was ironic that I just last night found a new car ins company and was going to save $69 a month! I guess that was a Godsend to offset the government poopoo,eh? LOL
    Dahis

Comment by Dahis (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Hugs! I can totally understand where you are coming from....same thing is happening to Michigan employees.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2011