Is it ok for my 11 mo olds to have egg?

I'm starting to put table foods into their diet, can't remember whether scrambled eggs are ok..............

Kimedbs

Asked by Kimedbs at 4:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I fed both my kids eggs before that age... its one of the things u should watch due to alleric reactions.. go ahead and feed the baby some eggs and just watch for signs of reactions im sure ur baby will be ok...
    Anonymous

• i've been giving my 10 month old scrambled eggs with salt, pepper, and ketchup (i also mix in whole milk before cooking) since she was 8 months. in fact that's what she's having for dinner tonight. she has them almost every day. she tried deviled eggs for the first time on monday and could not get enough of them
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• my kids usually got eggs between 8 and 10 months.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• More than old enough! Feed away!
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 7:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It really depends on the mother, and if the mother is ready to feed their child that kind of food. My twins are nine months and I won't give them dairy products. I give them eggs on very rare occasions. If you feel that your child is ready, then yes you can.
    ajmcheath

Answer by ajmcheath at 8:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• They're saying that it's safe at that age, but it's really up to your judgment. I wouldn't give salt, though, as it can be addictive. It's still your choice though.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 9:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It's fine at that age. They used to recommend you delay introducing eggs due to allergies, but they have found that doesn't help at all, so the AAP within the last year lifted that recommendation.

Answer by missanc at 8:16 AM on Jun. 3, 2011