Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should i do?

i have a bad toothache, medicine isnt helping and my dentists cant see me until next week, any home remeides?


Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Next week! Can you find another dentist? or go to an urgent care center? I think I'd call the dentist office back and ask them for a suggestion for another dentist, or look in the yellow pages, although I didn't have much luck when I did that- picked one that wasn't very good. Anyway, you shouldn't have to wait that long for a bad toothache. When I had a filling that hurt I rubbed whiskey on the gum. You can also use painkillers. But if you have an infection you really shouldn't be waiting for that long to get it taken care of, particularly in the tooth or gum.

    Answer by Bmat at 5:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

  • 800 mgs of is an anti inflamatory and the best thing for non prescribtion pain relief. I use this with orajel the liquid type and pour it right on the tooth and then soak a cotton ball in it or a Q-tip and leave it between my cheek or gum and the tooth. Good luck.

    Answer by salexander at 5:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

  • They have this stuff at at a drugstore that works wonders,I can't remember the name of it, and that doesn't help, does it.. It tastes nasty but it works. Walgrens has it and so does CVS

    Answer by Kat122 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

  • this does NOT sound like fun ... I hope you feel better soon!

    Answer by beckcorc at 5:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

  • Anbesol. It's for tooth pain.

    Answer by feesharose at 7:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2008