Let's talk Medicare.....

As Democrats distort the Facts of Ryan's Medicare Proposal and with false claims by the DNC chair.   Even  flat out lies~ has anyone seen the Democrats solution for the future of Medicare? Would you mind sharing it?

Is it the Affordable Care Act that Nancy Pelosi is pushing as the solution? Do you agree with Nancy?

Democrats claim Ryan’s budget “ends Medicare as we know it.”    Problem is, as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) detailed in a report (released Friday), under the Democrats plan, Medicare “as we know it” won’t be around for much longer.

Do you agree?  

Is the Common Ground Health Exchanges?

What do you think?....  Let's discuss other solutions....  

...Go........

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, we already know the dems want to kick it down the road in favor of votes. HC needs to run on free market principles and that includes medicare.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• LOL, I'm reading the links right now. Damn, you require a lot of cerebral participation! My favorite part so far is this in the Washington Post article:

Three Pinocchios

Significant factual error and/or obvious contradictions.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I didn't realize that one of them is 20 pages.

Honestly, my easy answer is that things really do have to change dramatically. I don't think people understand how saddled we are about to be with baby boomers retiring. Recover is going to hurt each and every one of us if it's going to happen at all. Nobody is willing to give up 'theirs'. I'm not unless other things are given up as well. Talk about tax hikes aren't even acceptable if those discussions don't contain conversation about cutting spending across the board. We have an un-sustainable economy. We have entitled people into submission and too many of our citizens don't even know how to take care of themselves anymore.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Actual health CARE has very little to do with government regulations. They are only regulating insurance but merely having insurance does not guarantee CARE. We need to do whatever we can right now to take care of our aged citizens since they are the citizens that have paid the most into the system. I can at least partially agree with Ryan's plan, but depending on the government controls we have with this horrendous health care bill will, IMO, do more harm than we can handle.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• OMG, please forgive the horrible grammar. I am distracted and have to run off to made dinner.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• you require a lot of cerebral participation!

ROFL. I do like to provoke thought. ;).
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

All too often I have had "that" liberal post for more details to be spoon fed to them. I guess you could say I catered to their request here. And shocker, not a word from the liberal crowd.
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I heard this idea on a talk radio show last week. I found the concept interesting. Studies show (per this consumer oriented talk show), that the average person pays some 150,000 thousand dollars into the MC program if they contribute by working over their lifetime, and average person draws about 300,000 out in the way of medical bills (Mds, treatments, therapies, admits and meds)- I am only going by numbers cited on this particular talk show. Obviously there is a deficit. CONT....

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• What if we held each person's estate accountable for the difference, if one exists and there are funds available? This would be means based and make individuals accountable for their own bills. What's not to like? You're paying for your own bills, if you have the funds-just like any other debt you might incur along the way- Just like any other debt you leave behind upon your death- If there are funds available your estate pays those bills-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• sister, there is that holding people "accountable" issue. IMO, it's an interesting theory, but then You would see people playing games with their "estate".... What do you do about the Americans who don't save, don't plan, and don't have an estate worth the balance due? Put a lien on the family members?
    grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2011