What is your experience with charter school?, I am thinking to send my son to one.

tudyluis

Asked by tudyluis at 4:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in

• When you find out let me know, we are thinking about looking in to a charter or magnet school also but he's only 3 right now so I haven't started, although I know I need to earlier than later.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I think they are all different...Best thing you can do is research into the school. See if you can find sites where parents have commented on the school. check out any stats on the school...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Just like MammaTasha1003 said, it depends on the school. You'll want to know how long it has been in existance, what the situation was that caused the school to be created (bad neighborhood, failing classes, etc.) and what their track record has been. The state department of education will have statistics on it. Talk with parents whose kids are there AND those who've taken their kids out. You want to hear positives and negatives about the place. Finally, go visit it yourself and see what its philosophy is, what the facility is like, and how the classrooms are run. You'll get a better feeling for it once you see it in person.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I live in Ohio ;I dont know if state wide or just my city but charter school techers dont need to be a college grad in education,or certified in any way. So a business major looking to change careers could apply at a charter school for a teaching job,Robin
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 4:12 AM on Jun. 8, 2011