queastions causing headaches???

SO i need to find out if anyone's child experiences this or does this seem not normal? i still do not have a dx, i am leaning towards aspergers or pdd. not sure though. anyways, he has a big problem aswering "why" questions. he has said this more than once; that when i ask him something, he gets a headache and its confusing..even a basic yes or no question. i asked him multiple times, and this is what he tells me. He has been lying increasingly but i'm starting to wonder if he's blatently lying or really is confused. even though it seems like a very simple question. any help here is appriciated. i do have an evaluation scheduled in a month

dearone07

Asked by dearone07 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Health

• I have the same problem but this question is very complicated the way you worded it. I think youre saying he gets really confused by what you say/ask and cannot answer correctly because he doesnt understand? Its very hard to deal with. Its all in how things are worded to me. What is a simple question to most people are difficult for us to grasp. My husband is a very intelligent man and uses big words when he talks. He knows better with me. He speaks in short sentenses and has figured out how to word things so I understand them. Please dont be impatient with him. It makes it worse. I am lucky to have such a patient husband. Chances are he is really confused.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 5:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Depends on the age of the child and any other symptoms he might have. My son has high functioning autism and it presented itself with speech delay and learning disabilities among other common things. It all depends on what else he does, history etc.

Answer by gemgem at 5:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• sorry to confuse...My son has problems answering questions...that is the fact. he does get confused at simple questions. My main question is that he is telling me he litterally feels pain in his head when i ask him questions. I asked him why he lyed to me today..he said that made him get a headache. so this afternoon, i asked him a general question; "what color is your shirt?", he responded to me. I asked him if that made his head hurt. he said, "yes". he has told me this more than once, so i'm not sure i should dismiss this as a problem that may actually exist. I have never heard of a question causing a headache. Unless someone were thinking about something for a long time and stressing over it. He says it hurts when i ask him something.
    dearone07

Answer by dearone07 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Oh, your son? Lol I thought you meant your husband. I get headaches when I am confused and dont understand too. I can imagine it is frusterating but patience is a virtue.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 5:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2008