OMGosh! Lizard in my HOUSE!

I just had a small lizard (maybe 6 inches long) run out from under the tv console. I tried to trap it in a glass, but it ran away.

What do I do about a LIZARD! in my house?! Can you get lizard traps? How dangerous would a house lizard be to kids until I can catch it (I have a 6 and 3 year old).

And I did Google; the advice was a lot about turning over couches and peacock feathers?

BTW, I live in Virginia, so this isn't just some normal Florida issue.

KateDinVA

Asked by KateDinVA at 5:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I've never had this happen to me but once, and I caught it. It would come out and play on my couch, and I had an afghan folded up on the back of the couch. It went into one of the folds of the afghan, and I swooped it up and ran out the front door and shook it out of my afghan. When I told my hubby about the thing being in the house, he laughed and said, "What do you want me to do about it?" He thinks they are harmless, but he believes that about snakes, too. To me, the only good snake is a dead snake!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I doubt the lizard poses any threat to your kids. Not sure how to tell you to go about catching it, though.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i've had them come in alot in the summer. The only way to kill em is to beat em to death or get a cat.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• They eat bugs. and if the kids get a hold of it, I'd be more worried about the lizard than the kids. :o)

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You can buy sticky traps at Walmart...They work for mice and lizards as well. I've caught two mice on them and I've seen one catch a lizard, too.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• growing up my Ma always taught us raid freezes lizards and when they are frozen throw them out of the house... now i am older idk how true that is. lol.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 10:15 AM on Jun. 3, 2011