Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support

I recently went to court for the second time in two years since my divorce for child custody. I have been awarded full custody of both children both times. Since the last court date my ex refuses to pay any child support or carry insurance on the kids as he was court ordered to do. Every time we go to court he suffers no consequences for any of his actions. He reports false stuff to DHS all the time but of course they can't do anything because it's anonymous. it's always after a weekend with him. I am tired of feeding the attorneys my money and having to defend myself as a mother when I have proven twice that I am a great mother to my children. I tried to get supervised visitation over the mental abuse he is causing the kids. He lets our sixteen year old drink and I have proven it in court and the courts still did nothing to him. I tried to press charges but it's the good ole boy system here! Any Suggestions..Help!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • The courts didn't do anything about the drinking probably because he is the father and can drink in front of him. Now if your son had done damage while under the influence, your ex would be held responsible. Does he have a job now? The courts are supposed to stay on him about child support and insurance. If you were getting help from the state, the state would definately make sure he's paying his part.

    Answer by TAG2.0 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

  • Your best bet is to hand the case over to child support enforcement. Thats what I had to do and when my ex was late on his payments they automatically took him to court and eventually he was brought up on felony flagrant non support. He now pays religiously to avoid prison. It took YEARS though. Good luck.

    Answer by gemgem at 5:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

  • yah, our ex would love for my husband to pay late just one time so she could get him in court!! Also it doesn't matter if he has a job or not...he has to figure out a way to pay it...I know with our state that's not an excuse and they will base child support on if you had a job at minimum wage. Most states will uphold this and especially if he's not following court orders...She's always getting her way.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

  • It does'nt make a damn if your a man or a woman paying child support. The support should be paid as ordered. If the states would make it a law that if you do not pay your child support, you do not get your visitation, some cases it would help. I can't stand to hear someone say "Those are my kids" but does not want to support them. The system is screwed up!!!!!!

    Answer by rook289 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

  • Have you taken him to civil court? IDK, sorry that you have to deal with it. Lame people suck. SS's BM, who has primary custody has never really felt the need to hold up her end of the custody agrrangment. She is supposed to carry health ins. for him, in addition to us carrying it for him, but she won't. Lame people suck!

    Answer by PROGENITOR at 7:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.