Baby bird... :( Idk what to do!

The other day my mom brought a baby bird home from work. she found it on the pavement at her work & was afraid it would get ran over or eaten by some cats that are around.
We have been feeding it but it seems like he is suffering :( and this morning we heard a clicking noise coming from him (googled: most likely aspiration-- he most likely got liquid from the bird formula we where giving him in his lungs)...

Now IDK what to do!? It seems like he is suffering but alive..
Do I keep caring for it?
Part of me says I should put it out of its misery.. But I dont have the heart!
IDK what to do. I know anything around here wont be able to help much & will mostly kill it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Pets

• I am not a good one to give advice on this but i will try.. Google it! There it will tell you how to care for it. Also call a local vet, pet shop,or SPCA they won't take it but can give you the number for the wildlife refuge close to you. Pretty much your on your own, they never care! Try your best! If he or she is meant to live they will! Google right away and learn to care for it, they most stay warm. I use to have birds nesting in our bathroom vent and the babies would fall out a lot (or be pushed by mean mama?) and i tried to save many with little luck, also tried to save mice, and squirrels, so like i said, im not much help but just try! Maybe even go to a pet store let them see what kind of bird? Good luck, please let me know how you make out! GOOD LUCK
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Take it to a vet, see if there are people in your area that know how to take care of it, a vet should be able to point you in the right direction
    AimBre

Answer by AimBre at 5:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Well sadly the bird died about 2hrs after posting this.. I knew the chance was slim. we tried saving a newborn kitten last year after its mother was ran over with no luck either.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2011