Why Do We Wait Till A Holliday,Like Memorial Day To Thank Our MILITARY & THEIR FAMILIES ?

Please take note I said WE in my question. I know that we have work, family,& everyday lives, but I feel that all of us should make an effort in some way everyday to thank our MILITARY & THEIR FAMILIES.

wvblj

Asked by wvblj at 5:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Holidays

• i do, i married one. he knows how grateful most people are!
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I dont go out of my way to make sure I hit a daily quota of thanking someone in the military but when I come across someone & a thanks is in order I certainly give one. I also comment on how brave they are etc bc I honestly couldnt do what they do or what their families do to support them.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I think alot of people do what they can during the year to say thank you & help with what they can..
    But anytime there is a holiday your going to have people rally around that day to make the most of it..
    What kind of people would we be if Memorial Day came & went & everyone said "oh i help all year. No reason to get patriotic for the day!"
    :-)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I don't...........
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 5:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• This is very true & i do agree with all of you . I think I was just kinda wondering what kinbd of a response this would bring.I do so respect , thank & love each & everyone of them & their families. I don't have anyone in the service at this time ,but we have alot of famlies in my church that does ,so needless to say they are at the top of our prayer list !! and GOD BLESS THEM ALL !!!
    wvblj

Comment by wvblj (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I thank them every day and if I see them in the store or anything we go up and shake their hands and tell them Thank You I have several family members that are serving and Thank them and the ones they work with all the time
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• That's GREAT, & I think we ALL should try to remember to do it everyday.
    I know that I am GREATFUL for each & everyone of them & their families,for what they have to go through.
    wvblj

Comment by wvblj (original poster) at 7:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2011