Why do so many people think that people who serve in the Military are mindless baphoons only out for guts and glory?

i realize ignorance is a big factor, but a simple google search on the basic fundamentals of how our military works is not rocket science. i would think someone would want to be fully educated before making such an obscene rant about how stupid our soldiers are, how they're a waste to society, can't find a real job, didn't have a choice in deployments.

for the record- of course they chose to enlist knowing deployment is a possibility. but most of them signed up for a steady pay and benefits, or to receive job training, and then were sent to war instead, in which they had no choice to say no. it's no different than someone who applies at mcdonalds- they have a choice to apply, but they outweigh the pros and cons of working there, and usually having a job is what's most important. there are hardly any jobs out there that you can't find a single flaw in, military included.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Those who haven't experienced military life never truly know what it is like. All that post was is a troll stirring up problems. I agree if you cant stand by our troops them stand in front of them.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• she was just an idiot tnm786, i'm fuming still!
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I think because they are probably intolerant of anything that doesn't fit their ideology. I'm fine with people not supportive of our military, but don't be such an a-hole to those that do. Perhaps they should join other hate groups like Westboro.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Because they are gutless, drama seeking, pathetic trolls..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• So--what did I miss????

Just a military hating progressive asked a really ignorant question then deleted it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You said, just plain ignorance.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• When I joined the Military I had an education, job stability etc. My reason for joining was my way to serve my country. My son, serving in the Air Force, had a job, going to school but was really upset with the terrorist activities and wanted to DO something besides complain about the situation and he took a pay cut to sign up. Those that want to call military personnel idiots are obviously idiots themselves and don't give a rats ass about their country and probably don't have the brains to vote.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Quinnmae that what I was thinking that the OP was part of some Militia(sp?) group or something.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I actually just think it was some bored troll that thought they would get things buzzing around here. No other reason to use the anon feature. Could have been a bored kid just getting out of school for the day. I don't know when other schools let out for summer, but ours lets out tomorrow. Brace yourself for a summer full of stupid. Trolls will roll through here frequently. Here and the relationships section.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I must run in a different crowd. I don't know anyone who considers military people buffoons.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 5:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2011