more poop!

My 4 month old went from having 1 bowel movement a day to now having 3. Nothing about his feeding schedule changed and he isn't sick. Is this normal or should I call the Dr.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Very normal. As long as he is pooping every other day and it isn't runny, then you have nothing to be worried about. My son went from pooping once a week to pooping 3x a day. They grow and their little systems change from day to day.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It can be normal. Is the stool 'normal' looking? If so I would not worry. My DD went from having one every other day to 3-5 a day at 5 months old!!! It was crazy! If you are worried go ahead and call though it won't hurt to be reassured!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• This is because he is prolly eating more at a time. Not only that, you may have an early teether on your hands. I wouldn't worry about it. It goes in and has to come out. LOL
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Is it diarrhea or just regular poop? Formula or breastfed?

My guy (breastfeeder) usually has one big poopy diaper every two to three days, but on Sunday he had three. He was cool with it, though, so I guess I am, too!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My daughter went through the same things. The doc told me that there stomach is still getting use to having food in it and it normal for a baby to go once every 5 days to mulitple times a day. She went 1 every 2 days to 6-7 (little amount and large amounts) everyday. I remember she used to poop 2-3 times in the night and I would end up waking her end by changing her diaper. After a while it went back to once a day again. So hopefully she will get use to the milk/formula soon and it won't be so hard. The only time I would be worried is if he is pooping large amount everytime or most of the times than I would call the doc ASAP. Good luck!!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• yea Mine was the same in a few days it shold be back to one poop again....some days i get 4 most days just one.
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 7:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008