***Just for fun*** How did you feel about your baby once you found out the gender?

wanted a boy and I knew it was a boy. :) I found out at 23 weeks that it truly was a boy and at 29 weeks I made them check again(just to make sure). I think I fell more in love with him when we had his name picked out. I loved talking to him, playing music for him, and just everything about my pregnant belly... He is 2 1/2 now and totally all boy! I am now 9 weeks with number two! So who thinks this is weird? My parents had my little brother and sister 3 years apart and their birthdays are in the same month (only 10 days apart). Well it is going to be the same with these two and if I am having a girl this time it will be exactly the same! Kind of weird. Right? Oh and fingers crossed we want a girl so badly, plus I think it is a girl too! We'll see :)

gibsongirl017

Asked by gibsongirl017 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was shocked finding out I was having a boy because I KNEW it was a girl but I loved my baby no matter what :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• and vice versa for me i could have sworn it was a boy, but she's all girl.... i was thrilled my hubby was kind of bummed. he wanted a boy to carry on the last name...maybe next time.
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• That is so funny my hubby wants a girl more than anything in the world. :)
    gibsongirl017

Comment by gibsongirl017 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I just KNEW I was having a boy the first time -- HIs name was going to be Justin -- then tada -- it was a girl!

The second time, I wanted a boy, and had another girl! I wouldn't change it for the WORLD though:-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I was thrilled. I loved him even more (which I didn't think was possible!) when I found out I was having a boy, he'll be nearly 2 1/2 when his sibling comes along so it'll be kinda neat!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 5:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• first pregnancy and when we left the doc office form finding out the gender( ITS A GIRL btw) i was on CLOUD 9 could not be any happier either way i would have been happy i just felt more connected since i knew what we were having and could pick out a name and start buying baby girl items:) congrats!
    Brit0001

Answer by Brit0001 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I felt very excited to hold them when I found out the gender- we chose not to find out before the birth and it was such a wonderful rush to see them and finally know boy or girl! I understand why people want to know the gender, but I LOVED the surprise at the end so much I did it three times.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• With my first, I didn't have clue what the sex would be...it was a boy and I was ecstatic. With the second, I was SURE that it would be a girl. At the u/s, she said that she was 60% sure that it would be a boy. I figured that since it was a 50/50 chance, 60% wasn't good enough. So at my next appointment, I asked the DR. if he would check for me. He did...it was a boy. I was a little disappointed, but it didn't take long for me to get over that and I was as happy as I could be.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011