My 22 month old

has had a fever of 104 rectal since 6 a.m i gave him tylonol and it would go down for a few hours and he plays normal and drinks his milk then it spikes right back up and hes very irratable and cranky when it does i just know when is the temp your supposed to go to the e.r ? his daddy is working today and when he came on break we tried to take him to the urgent care but he wasnt able to be seen since the primary doctor was out hes currently taking a nap but im still worried bout him hes not throwing up he just gots that high fever im thinking possible ear infection but not sure if it doesnt get worse or better by monday then im going to make him an appointment but until then i wanted to know your opion

xaviersmamacita

Asked by xaviersmamacita at 5:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would say its an ear infection but that is just because that sounds like my 22 month old when ever he has an ear infection. I would wait till tomorrow and try to see if the doctors office can get him in. Explain t them you think he may have an ear infection.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My 22 month old also gets 104 temp when ever he gets ear infections. I would try a different urgent care. "Sorry we cant help with your emergency, the doctor is sleeping some back later" Seriously? They didnt have any other doctor that could see him? That place sounds like a joke.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't go to the er for that temp. Motrin is better. Keep giving that according to directions. In the morning call the doctor.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• did u put baby in bath? If its not hungry don't force it too eat and if temp gets over 104 go to er. if not they will send back home. Switch back and forth between motrin and tylanol. I would think if it is breaking fevers and feeling ok sometimes you can definately wait for dr. apt.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 5:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• they will screem in bath but sometimes it drops the fever.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 5:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Call a children's nurse line. They are a lot of help! And you can call back as many times as you want. I don't know if they will give you and answers, but I believe the one in ga is 404-850-kids. I think!
    ashleybgarcia

Answer by ashleybgarcia at 6:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• thanks ladies
    xaviersmamacita

Comment by xaviersmamacita (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2011