I'm losing my faith...anyone have a similiar experience?

I was raised a Messianic Jew (denomination of Christianity). I was never really given a reason as to why I should do or not do anything, besides "G-D said so!" I wasn't okay with blind obedience, so I began to research religion, both my own and others. Now I see so many contradictions in every religion, so I don't know what to believe at all. I've read the entire Bible about 3 times now. I'm not completely counting out the idea of a diety, I'm just not sure of the one I was raised to worship.  It's so painful. I need any advice. I DON'T need bashing or dogma throw in my face. Anyone go through anything similiar? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• There comes a time when you have to rely on Faith. Believing with out seeing. But we should question what we believe and why we believe it as well.
    It's so important to have a relationship with God. It can not be substituted with merely obeying His word and keeping his commandments. You should be conversing regularly in prayer with Him, just like you would talk to any other person....tell Him about your day...tell Him about your worries and struggles. Go to Him in prayer about ANYTHING you have questions about. He is there to be that guide....as well as the scriptures. We should apply them to our lives.

I think that's what I like cherrish about my religion...is that He is an ever guiding being in our lives if we make Him that important. In any normal relationship, you go to your parents for guidance and advice, so is the relationship with our Heavenly Father.

Search for truth, and with prayer you will know.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 5:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I'm not sure if you are or aren't doing these things....but the regular prayer as well as scripture study does SO MUCH for me. I know you mentioned you read the Bible 3 times, but have you merely read it or have you started and stopped with a prayer that your heart would be open to the things Heavenly Father would impress upon your heart and mind? When I do the little things, the basics....my days go better and I understand and feel at peace more than I do when I'm not.
    I went through a simular experience where I went away from my religion for a time, but I wasn't doing the small and simple things. Faith is like a muscle, you have to use it for it to grow. GL! xo
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 5:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Losing faith is not such a bad thing. I left my beliefs when science and logic started making a lot more sense than religion, and I haven't regretted it because it works for me.

There's an atheist/agnostics group on CM you might check out. I havne't been a member in a while, but you may find it beneficial to find others who have gone through a similar experience.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Well, My feelings are that King James Put what he wanted into a book. ( Bible ) How do you or I know what he made up, what is wrong or right?
    surfgrl60

Answer by surfgrl60 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i went through the same thing recently, and decided i'm agnostic. i was raised to blindly follow the christian god and for a long time i was good at it, until my beliefs were challenged and logic/science started to make more sense than faith. i feel you should do whatever feels most right to you, i know i've never felt better after abandoning christianity.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I lost faith in organized religion. A religion that is purported by men. I'm not and Atheist, I do not believe that God interferes in the lives of humans. I fall under Deism. Question everything.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 9:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i dont think its "what religion" you are that matters. i mean you read the bible three time... what feels right in your heart? i think its all about the relationship you have with GOD. simple as that, if you love God floow what it says in his word...

Im Non-denominational Christian
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i agree with BeachyBabe as well
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes, I pray constantly and meditate on what I've read. If I'm losing my faith, I can't exactly rely on it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• walk by faith not by sight..... your loosing your faith because of looking into diffrent religions and seeing the contradicions??? so follow your heart... what is it that you think is right??? Do you believe the religon you were raised was wrong??? are you wanting to try a diffrent religion??
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2011