Text messaging spam....

Has anyone ever rec'd a message like this one.... "SUP..Sucks we haven't spoken in a while. Lost your info. Come find me at Date-of-Org under xxxxx (name)....

I found this on my husband's cell???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• i havent but my stbx had that crap sent to his phone and even charged him for it...we called the phone several times to have it blocked, he ended up changing his # and how this dating service or whatever you wanna call it got is # in the first place is beyond me we think one of the ppl at work signed him up for it as a joke...dont know but it was annoying
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 5:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• If he signed up for a ring tone sight or anything like that he might receive text messages like that

MOM_OF_FOUR_00

Answer by MOM_OF_FOUR_00 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• It might not necessarily be from an actual women but it could be from a dating service he signed up for. You know like those late night commercials....Or mabye one of his buddies did it as a joke?
    Anonymous

• omg i was charged 20.00 freakin dollars for 2 TEXT MESSAGES!!!....i freaked on my cell provider lmao they said it wasnt anything they could do because the messages werent through them they came from "another sorce"....i told them i dont care where they came from theres no way in hell im paying 20$ for 2 damn text messages its just not happening
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• IF HE HAS EVER PUT HIS PHONE NUMBER ONTO THE INTERNET YES IT CAN BE SPAM
    dont EVER put your cell or home phone number ANYWHERE on the internet!!!!
    rachael596

Answer by rachael596 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2008