What's NOT to be proud of???

This is not actually a question but more of reply to a previous question & I am placing it in the same category that they did so that they can see my reply. I am the mother of an active duty soldier and the mother of an Army Veteran who served 5 years in the Army. I am also the proud wife of a Veteran...he spent 2 1/2 years in the Navy and 2 1/2 years in the Army before being medically discharged (he did NOT want that and even after 20+ years hates that he wasn't able to stay in and be career military). I spent the 1st 5 years of my marriage as a Military Wife. How could I NOT be proud of my husband and my 1st and 3rd born sons (I am also VERY proud of my other 2 sons, 1 who decided to go to the School of Hard Knocks and the other who is in college to become a Pediatric Nurse)? They made serious choices and they sacrificed/sacrifice a lot to serve their country and then they have to deal with morons who treat them like crap. I am VERY proud of my Veterans and my Soldier. Thankfully I have only had to deal with a couple of nasty people and my reply is always "If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!".

My husband in 1985 when he was 19 ( I fell in love with him while he was in Navy bootcamp, he was in my brother company. He stayed in and I didn't...I had fallen in love)

My husband in 1988 when he was 22 and in Army BCT (the pic is a little worse for the wear)

My oldest son (he was 21)  and I a month before he left for 15 mos. in Iraq (he left in 11/07)

My 20yo and I this past Jan. when he was on his way back to school after being home for the holidays.

tracylynnr67

Asked by tracylynnr67 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm so proud for you!!! Hugs, kisses, and kudos to all your men! My son asked me years ago, "Mom, I sometimes feel odd when I pass a soldier (we live near an armory and a port) and they say hello. I'm never sure what to say". I told him to simply shake their hand and so thank you!!!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 5:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Good for you mama! Both my material grandparents were in the Army. I have a family full of people who serve. My husband has served.
    Glad your boy made it back safe!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• awww... thats sweet and refreshing. thank you for that, and thank your family for their service! xoxo
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I would Bump you 100 times if I could...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• From one retired military (self) and military mom, I 100% agree with you! Freedom comes at a HUGE price and I'm extremely proud of our Military!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• happy belated memorial day!! and god bless you and your family!! thank your family for serving our country!!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 5:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You have every reason to be proud.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You should be proud. I don't know them, and I'm proud of them for being willing to serve for me. Tell them thank you. Thank you too.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• What all previous posters said!!! God bless you, your Soldiers and ALL of our Soldiers! Thank you All for your service!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Excellent! Thank you all for your service!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 3, 2011