Ugh, first attempt at homemade chicken noodle---failed!

I'm not sure what I did wrong but the noodles I used were SOOO mushy and gross when we ate it. They didn't taste bad, but the texture was hard to tolerate, lol. How do you keep the noodles firm? These were so soft the pretty much fell apart in my mouth.

They were Creamette extra wide egg noodles.

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Usuallly boil them exactly what the package says. And also i test them so see how done they are.
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Sounds as if your noodles were over cooked. Try putting the uncooked noodles in the last 10 minutes of cooking the soup.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• yep your noodles were over cooked, that should be the last thing you put in your soup =D
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Ahhh, ok thanks. I added everything at once in the crock and let it sit for probably about 20 minutes before we ate it. I'll definately wait longer to add the noodles next time!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Your noodles were put in too soon...they don't take all that long to cook. In a crock, you can add them 15 min or so before serving.
    Good luck!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• If you want to avoid that for good just boil noodles according to directions and then add to the soup. If you cook them slowly with all the other things in the pot they become mushy...also I use Reames noodles..they are dumpling like noodles and are in the frozen isle at the store.yummy.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 6:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• lol
    YasminBoheme

Answer by YasminBoheme at 6:51 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• baking

YasminBoheme

Answer by YasminBoheme at 6:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2008