How do i get my 14 month old to stop throwing everything?

Everything she gets in her hands she throws on the floor. Her bottle, her toys, whatever.

Asked by gabbysmom0403 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am having this problem too...I have tried the time outs for this problem with no help. Finally, I got fed up and started taking the toys away...He throws it, he loses it!!! It has helped with my 5 year old, but my 2 year old he is a pistol!!! Nothing gets through to him. Hopefully the taking away of the items will cure her. good luck

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my almost 2 year old does it, and i make him pick it up and put it in the "bye bye box" (just a box of his toys and stuff he has thrown that he loses for the day) so that way he knows he did wrong and it's not like he's being punished by mommy or daddy but he realizes that there are consequences for his actions

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 7:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2008