Does drinking green tea help you lose weight?

bandk4ever

Asked by bandk4ever at 5:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Drinking green tea increases your chances of developing kidney stones. I would rather be fat than have anymore. I don't know if it helps but the alternative is worse.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• if you drink good green tea and not with the extra crap it can help, but you also have to eat good and exercise.

ive never had kidney stones and i drink green tea every single day and have for about 3 years.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• No but drinking green smoothies does! Take the 14 day challenged and see how you feel :)

http://www.cafemom.com/group/greensmoothie
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• im curious about the kidney stone rates of asian people particularly chinese who drink lots of Green tea. I've never heard of green tea and kidney stones. i thought that was soda afflliction.
    my mom beleives you can lose weight with green tea. She told me to drink it 3 times a day .. after each meal. i haven't.. i think i would get addicted tot he caffeine in it. if you try it let me know.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:23 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Ummm. thanks for the not so subtle attack on my advice. Look, my advice came straight from my urologist's mouth. And when I got my first round of kidney stones I hadn't drank soda in almost 2 years! He said the top five were : green tea, soda, coffee, green leafy veggies and anything else with caffiene. And I'll ask my brother in law who happens to be Asian and a doctor about that ratio. Dont be ugly its just stupid.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 3:28 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Even if you hadn't had soda in 2+ years, doesn't mean that your kidney stones hadn't begun to develop earlier than that! Do you think cancer or heart disease just "shows up?" No, it develops and grows, usually undetected for a while, then BAM! There it is!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• : CM2TX08 calm down.. NObody was attacking YOU.. it was a legit question... geeze.. lady... not everybody on cafemom. is on the look out for other moms to attack.. least of all me.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:10 AM on Dec. 11, 2008