Why do our attiudes change so much twords our SO when we become pregnant, and what is the best way to stay calm and not so sensitive?

A.D.D426

Asked by A.D.D426 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Because we feel sick, miserable and our hormones are bouncing off the wall, while they're fine, feeling good and can't understand what we're remotely going through.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• HORRORMONES!!
    oops..I mean HORMONES,LOL
    Drink calming chamomile tea, have hubby rub your feet,read a sweet romantic love story,listen to happy music... It will pass...don't worry..it will pass and your normal self will one day return!
    COngrats on baby! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• thanks for the advise im not pregnant yet just TTC i have a four year old son i was just explaining to my SO that when we do get ourBFP that im going to be in BITCH MODE for a while and he was asking me why and how do i know and all these questions so i thought i would ask to get otheres point of view just to make sure im not the only one, bc he was looking at me like im an alien when i said that.... well i guess its bc he will be i first time daddy..lol
    A.D.D426

Comment by A.D.D426 (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• AMEN!!!!!!~~~kimberlyinberea!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My SO thinks when i feel bad its like a regualar being sick he has NO clue LOL men OH AND THE HORMONES OMG!!! i cry over EVERYTHING n i mean EVERYTHING from cute to sad even if my SO isnt yelling or trying to be mean and tells me somthing i dont want to hear it hurts my feelings n i just start crying :( Oh and dont forget the 1 am snack attacks HAHAHA
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• lol yeah i dnt think men will ever really understand i get emothiona; around my af and i see how he handles it. i dont know how i am going to get him to understand my emotions and hormones when i am pregnant i know what to expect being a mother already but he dosent. i think i am going to have toget him to read up on it or something so he dont think im making it up... i hope my BFP comes soon though
    A.D.D426

Comment by A.D.D426 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• and o man the 1 am snack attacts... lol that wat got me fat last time pb&j all night long...lol
    A.D.D426

Comment by A.D.D426 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Realize that it is temporary and your hormones are raging during this time. You will feel extremely emotional until a few months after the baby comes. This is normal. Hang in there. Take some "me" time every now and then when things get hairy. It's best to stay away from stressful situations as much as possible too.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i totally agree with the pp, hormones can make your body do really funny things, and we have no control over what they are doing. for some reason when im pregnant i have horrible, and i mean horrible panic attacks and when im not pregnant my anxiety is usually really well controled. but i promise it will pass!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I think it's the hormones mixed with how unfair it is that we gain this enormous amt of weight, pain and all .. and they get to stay trim and fit and not worry about the scale, waking up 4x a night just to pee.... AND for me my back has been hurting and he doesn't even offer to help massage.. hello, it is partly your dealings that I am living with and he should help alleviate my stress... oh yeah, so that's why.. lol. Then in the next minute he kisses my belly and says hello baby.. and I am all melty so.. what can you do.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 3:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2011