Do you ever feel so overloaded as a mom that you want to scream within? But your husband does not notice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't care if your husband is Dr. Phil, most men just don't get it.

I shop, I clean, I take care of our son all day, I take care of all the bills, I work nights, I cook before I go to work, I do it ALL!!!!!!!!

Does he notice? NOPE!!! Make 4 days a month ( one a week) that are just for you. go eat ice cream and read a book or whatever you enjoy. Lock yourself in your room and sleep if you want. Just make it known that you are unavailable. If you can't take a whole day, make it three hours.

Maybe after he sees how much is lifted off of you and that you're less stressed he'll start noticing.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Men are idiots sometimes. When mine starts to get oblivious and I'm overwhelmed, that's when I start delegating. If he's going to act like he doesn't have a clue, I just start ordering him around. I know that sounds mean and bossy, but when I need help, I have no trouble giving orders....LOL

We need our time too ya know?

Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 5:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I do the same thing you do pollymom... hey it works...mine will say, but I changed the last diaper, and I'll say, but I changed the 25 before that! And then they shouldn't have much to say after that. I always tell my hubby, I am not his maid, I am his wife, his helper and friend, if he wants a maid he can go back home to his momma...
    laurenparent

Answer by laurenparent at 5:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I think they only way my DH would notice and help is if I dropped dead, or at least passed out! :D I'm a SAH so he thinks everything is my job while he works outside the home and then does his thing (he's a big hunter). I gripe from time to time and he helps some, but really I feel guilty if he does things that are "my job". (how I was raised, and no matter how much I dislike it sometimes it's instilled in me). When I was young, the last thing I ever wanted to do was wait on a man, but now that's exactly what I'm doing. Where, oh where is that girl now!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Thanks for answering my question......I don't feel alone in this.
    Anonymous

• I used to do that....I used to just look at him sometimes and think to myself "why can't you see me & what's going on inside my head?" Then I started telling him what was going on in my head. I didn't have to be mean. I just told him I wanted to talk to him sometime when we weren't busy. He told me he didn't realize I felt like I did. Now, anytime I tell him I need some ME time, he is very receptive and just takes care of whatever needs to be taken care of for the time being. In fact, sometimes he comes up with something to do so I can have some ME time. That's awesome. Sometimes just a long bath is enough to make me feel revived. So I say, just talk to them in a non-bitchy way about it when they aren't busy and I think most men just don't realize we think like we do...they are cavemen after all.
    Anonymous