Its driving me crazy!!!!

So I moved in with my BF about a month ago. He has a 4yr. I have my 18 month old. His 4 yr old loves to act like she is 2. Throwing fits and everything but its only when he is not home!!!! Mine is opposite. She throws fits when he is here not when he is gone ( which she is gettin better). On the other hand his is getting worst. What do i do!!!!??? This has just started in the last week... Since they went on their trip....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• discipline, Start timeouts.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• The 4 year old acting worse when dad is gone is pretty normal. I know my 5 year old sure gets a LOT better when Daddy is home. I have no clue why....but that is often the case. I think your 18 monther might have trouble sharing your attention,and bad attention is better than no attention at all. I think it should get better over time. You can try spending some one on one time with the little one as SOON as your BF walks in the door. It might help a little. You can give that a try.
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 6:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Combining families is stressful for everyone involved...even when it is a good thing! His daughter is probably acting that way when her daddy is not around because she's unsure of how to feel about the situation...and possibly unsure how she shoud feel about you.Your child is acting that way when He is around possibly for some of the same reasons.
    While discipline needs to be set in place, also keep in mind that feelings and emotions of the children need to be worked out in order to live together happily..and to feel safe and secure.It takes time and won't happen over night.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2011