Has Any tryed PrePaid Legal?

Has any tryed PrePaid Legal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• As a business or customer?

As a business, it's a pyramid scheme. I have a friend that sells it. I go every year to the annual convention and the ones that make the money, have MANY people under them and they have many people under them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I paid into them for a year and then when I needed them for a custody case I was told they couldnt do it..
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 6:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yikes!! Sound like a scheme according to the previous posts. I have a great legit, non-pyrimid business. If interested, message me for more info. Also, you could check out the groups here on CM in the marketplace. Tons to choose from and lots of great companies offered. Good Luck in your search!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Im with Pre-Paid Legal and actually it is the most Legitimate business there is. Ive been with them 1 1/2 yrs..and I make a FT income with them.
    They are Publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange...making them again more legitimate than anything undisputably b/c the company is PUBLICLY AUDITED every 90 days. The whole company is public record...Theya re also on FORBES TOP 100 Business list in all of the US out of 800 million businesses viewed. BBB A+ rated, # 1 with the US Chamber of Commerce for both Business and Compensation Plan...listed in fortune, money magazine, the list goes on and on.

Ive never had a complaint about services...and as for MKDirector2011 Mary Kay is Definitely a pyramid type as well...But it is NOT a scheme..they are illegal..
    IT is a Business built on the same characteristics as all of the others. With a 4 decade old history and credentials

Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• yup and it's the biggest scam. Our town made them shut down. They take your money and always make an excuse not to help you when you need them.
    Anonymous

• well i used them during my entire divorce and the helped me tons. and considering how many times i had to call them and what not the cost for the year was WAY cheaper than if i was paying lawyer 100 bucks an hour.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 11:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• SCAM. I used them years ago and never got any practical advice. Every time I used their info in court I was told it was wrong or didn't apply. Think about it this way - if you had legitimate legal knowledge (either lawyer or paralegal) why would you be doling out advice via phone like a glorified customer service rep? The advice you receive is out of date and/or incorrect.

Also, in re: to what HappyMom states, a quick check on the BBB website shows that none of the 300 national listings for PrePaid legal are BBB accredited, which means NO rating, nevermind an A+!
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 8:44 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I apologize, re-looking at the site a select few of them are, but it's less than 10% of them.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 8:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Not sure how a town could have made them shut down since the Ada, OK location..which is PPL is still there 39 years now...
    there is 1 Pre-Paid Legal service HEAD QUARTERS...always has been...
    Here is your 17 year BBB A+ rating
    http://www.bbb.org/oklahoma-city/business-reviews/legal-services-plans/pre-paid-legal-services-in-ada-ok-9000434

and PPD is the NYSE trading name...right now trading at 66.25
    and here is your FOrbes Link too....take a look at #78.. http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/23/best-small-companies-10_rank.html
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• I am using both the business AND the service. On the one hand it's a great opportunity because I love the service and while I could tell the world without working it myself, I just wouldn't profit (it's like selling Avon or Mary Kay, if I loved the product, why would I send them to my friend or sister when I could get paid because they loved the product). AND on the service end of it. I have been using it for a whopping 3 months and I am going to court with a custody case again! It is going to be amazingly fun! Also, my husband just got pulled over for a "seat belt check" (he was soooo wearing it) and he got a ticket, and since he is covered under my plan as well as my daughter, we are fighting that too AND plan to WIN! If you have any more questions let me know!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2011