My daughter is 5 weeks and the skin on her forehead looks like its peeling all the time. what could it be

emma133

Asked by emma133 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• normal, feedind dd so can't go into detail right now
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes its normal my baby was peeling from her arms and legs too its normal when there new borns it will start to go away within time it happens also when you take them a bath i guess thats what causes it too i asked my doctor about that thats how i know.
    Abygail5711

Answer by Abygail5711 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• With my daughter it was eczema which just needs to be kept hydrated with a thick lotion. Check with your dr. You can always call and describe it to the nurse to see if they have any suggestions. They are used to new mom's calling and usually don't mind.
    GabsMom1

Answer by GabsMom1 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• if you sat in water for 9 months your skin would peel off, too, after it dried out a little. don't pick at it, if it bothers you that much put baby oil or lotion on it.
    morethanme_you

Answer by morethanme_you at 6:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• most def normal
    shumpysmom

Answer by shumpysmom at 8:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2011