I feel depressed and lonley what can i do to feel better?

After having my baby i've been feeling depressed and i miss my dad and family so much now i live with my boyfriend and i never felt like this before cuz ive been used to living with my dad its everything changed so quick instantly and im not used to it can somebody help me !

Abygail5711

Asked by Abygail5711 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Talk this over with your doctor. Explain how you are feeling. He may be able to help.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Umm, is your dad in town? If so, maybe he can stop by there or you can go over there for a few days. If not, then what is the distance between your boyfriends house and your dad's. Maybe plan a weekend trip? I'm sure that since you and your dad are so close then he would like to see the baby. Does he know your boyfriend at all. Maybe they could take this time to bond as well. If none of this will work out for you right now, take the baby out for walks or stroll around the mall. Talk to fellow shoppers and sales clerks. Browse a baby or maternity shop. Many of them have feeding rooms too. Dress the baby up and have some portraits made to send to your dad. Chat with your dad on line and join lots of 'mom' groups. The library also has story times for older babies, you can meet moms and dads at those. Also, the hospital where you delivered may have some other suggestions. Make sure to tell your own dr how you have been feeling
    GabsMom1

Answer by GabsMom1 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Don't over look this! You might think that you can deal with this alone, but many times people need medical help getting thru post-partum depression. I would definately speak it over with your Dr ASAP. I would also suggest, that if you are close to your father, stopping by to visit him often or having him stop in to see you might make you feel better. OR...I know your BF might not like it much, but go stay with Dad for a while. He can help you out with the baby too :) Good luck!
    gump

Answer by gump at 8:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2011