I want to aquire Marajuana oil for my ailing mother...

she has parkinson's and nerve pain from diabetes along with other ailments. This leaves her with very few drugs that she can try and none of them are working. she is in pain and can't sleep for the tremors. How do you go about getting the oil? It isn ot legal in my state. How do I find it illegally? Can I go to the next state over where it is legal and get it some how? Any ideas? No bashing. until you have seen the pain she is in you wouldn't understand. She is asking to die and this could actually help her quality of life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Health

• If you can find weed than you'll have to make it. You can't just cross state lines and go to a dispensary as an out of state resident. Check erowid.com for methods to extract hash oil from the plant matter.
    Alternately, you can make edibles with the plant matter, if the extraction process seems cumbersome or complicated.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 6:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I've never heard of acquiring marijuana oil, but I work in a pharmacy and it's common for people in alot of pain to be given a prescription for Marinol. It's a synthetic form of marijuana in a pill form. Talk to her Dr. about getting a prescription for it.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• If you have seen a pain management doctor and exhausted your options with them, have you thought about trying acupuncture for the pain? I have used acupuncture and it worked well for me. I have a chronic illness also, and it sucks. Another idea is meditation. Stress makes pain worse, and pain gives you more stress, and it's a bad cycle to get into.

I'm not against using marijuana, but if it's not legal in your state, when you bring it back in your state, it's still not going to be legal. I would try to continue to work with her doctors. If you can, try to talk to a hospice nurse, they might have some good ideas for pain management.

good luck mama!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011