Does your kid(s) father say that it's your "job" to watch your kid(s)?

Do they expect you to do everything, or do you try to set the rules on when they have to help..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• he used too then I divorced his ass...not for that reason.

you don't "watch" your kids...and he doesn't "babysit" them either.

There should be no 'rules' for when they have to help. They should want to raise their kids as a team.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My ex husband used to say that. It was also "my job" to cook and clean the house too. That WAS part of the reason I divorced his ass.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Im a sahm... so since Im here, i do it.
    Anonymous

• Sort of, he says it's a "mommy" thing. Both of us work full time so he uses it as an excuse to get out of things. It doesn't always work for him.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My dh knows better! During the day she's either at the babysitters (3 days), dh has her on Mondays, we are both home on Wednesdays & Sundays so it's 50/50, I have her on Saturdays. After work it's 50/50 no matter who was home all day with her.
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 7:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My husband does this all the time and it makes me mad so upset actually, Then he expects me to pick up after him cook clean etc, while I am trying to care for our child, No its not right but i guess its a part of life or just laziness for the men
    wendys88

Answer by wendys88 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Both parents should watch the kids. A mom cannot be in two places at once. It takes two to parent.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 1:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• we are working together at all times, during the week he goes into work 4-5 ( army) and I do the home stuff, but when he gets home we bathe them, and make dinner together. On the weekends he helps 50/50 and I get to sleep in ( like 10 AM...lol) He is great
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• No, but my brother-in-law tells my husbands sister that all the time. Throat punch!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2011