What was the most offensive thing someone said to you while you were pregnant?

A lady I work with.. insinuated that I either was not pregnant or my baby wasn't healthy because I wasn't showing yet. I was only 16 weeks.. So she had me all freaked out.. and pissed off at the same time..
She basically said.. Um are you sure you are pregnant? then when I assured her I was.. She followed up by saying..Oh.. are you sure the baby is healthy?
WHO ASKS THAT!?!??! I was so mad..
Then another one.. told me my face was "filling out" WTF ...

Please share..what kinda things were said to you that pissed you off??!! Time to vent mamas!

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 6:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• My MIL had a few doozies... with my oldest she told me when I was about seven months pregnant that she hadn't told any of her friends/relatives because she was 'waiting for it to be more of a sure thing.' I had a m/c at the end of the first tri with my first pregnancy and she seemed to feel this made me somehow defective or unable to carry to term. She also wouldn't speak to me when I was pg with my youngest because she was 'so disappointed' that my pregnancy was causing my dh to miss his brother's wedding in India (same week the baby was due.) She also told dh that his priorities were wrong when he insisted on being with me for the birth rather than going to the wedding.

From a stranger, the worst was a woman at McD's who told me I was ready to pop because I was carrying low- when I told her I was only 7 months or so she got very in my face about knowing when someone was going to deliver soon and how my baby could die!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• "You do know how these things happen, right?"
    I was pregnant with my second and they thought that there wasn't enough space between baby #1 and #2. I told them that we planned it this way (even though we didn't).
    I can't wait to see the look on their faces when I tell them that I'm pregnant with #3..hahahaha!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 6:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• "Wow, you are gaining SO much weight!!" I got this comment at 30 weeks, and I had only gained 12 lbs so far. I cried.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• i got the "what color is your baby" question with my first baby.. i was pissed!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 6:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• While pregnant with twins, a coworker told me I was a freak of nature because I had more than one baby in there.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• shes not pregnant she just ate all the cakes lol
    emma133

Answer by emma133 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• That I didn't look like I was pregnant.

I chalked it up to jealousy. She was pregnant at the same time as I was. During her pregnancy she smoked and drank Saki. I believe she knew what I thought of her - she disgusted me.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I was worried about affording everything I needed for my unplanned, but very wanted son. I had a lady on here tell me "If you can't afford what your baby needs then you need to give it up for adoption."

Now... it hurt. But I could understand it if that was just her viewpoint. But I saw her post on another thread of the same topic a few days later with "When I had trouble affording things with my boys, I did blah blah blah." So she just didn't like that I was having a hard time that day and decided to blast me and tell me I wasn't worthy of mothering a child I already loved very much because we were poor. Bitch. I will give anyone her screen name if you PM me lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I just had people ask if I was having twins or if I was due any day... I still had about 3 months until my due date:) not hurtful, just annoying. The worst was when all my friends vanished upon me getting pregnant.
    Anonymous

• "I'm so sorry"
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2011