What in a household would cause everyone to have low blood pressure? excluding carbon minoxcide?

For the past 6 months I've been getting really bad blood pressure, and for the past 2 weeks my husband has too, his reading was just 88/38.. ?? There is no carbon minoxcide but the lady in the apartment below us is a chain smoker, none of this happened until she moved in.. could her smoking be the cause of it all? if not what in the world could make us both have really low bp readings?? it has really affected me mentally, like I believe I have brain damage. please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Health

• How are you testing your blood pressure?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Anemia, Dehydration, and Thyroid problems can all cause hypotension.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• automatic blood pressure machine, we were tested for all those things
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• mine has also shown up super at the hosp so I know its not the machine.. ive been trying to get to the bottom of it for months and now that it is happening to him makes me think its something in the house, but i have no idea what
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• That is where I was going that maybe it was the machine or using a too large cuff.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Her secondhand smoke could be leaking into your apartment, does she smoke indoors? Does the apartment share any vents? Cigarette smoke does have carbon monoxide in it, but I don't think there's enough to make 2 adults have low blood pressure.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• maybe its something in your diet? hope you both feel better soon!
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 1:37 AM on Jun. 3, 2011