What is the first computer you remember using?

I used an Apple IIe

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Technology

• TRS-80. Then an Apple IIe, then a Mac II...
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Apple IIe for me too!

My husband and I were recently having a discussion about Oregon Trail and the other "choose your own adventure" type games we played on the old computers in elementary school!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It was the size of a room at MIT and you had to put a piece of paper into it that had holes in the paper.... I dont even know what I was doing but my father brought me there to "show me the future"
    Anonymous

• it was a computer from radio shack andi had to put a tape in some type of tape player in order to play some kind of spelling game when i was a kid. it was in the 80's. i still love computers.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Tandy
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 7:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I am sooo old. The first computer I used wasn't a personal computer. When I was in graduate school in the dark ages there was one huge computer for the whole university housed in a big, air conditioned room. To use it you had to make cards with you information/data entered and give them to the guy at the window who fed them to the computer. In two or three days later you would get your print-out in your mailbox.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 7:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Was it called a Victor?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• 8088 pc
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Wang
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• SWasson!  My first computer was a Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 4 as well! big grin

http://i.ebayimg.com/14/%21CEK26T%21%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqZ,%21iYE0GbcV,okBNRERkO2NQ%7E%7E_3.JPG

You get a vote up for this....

BryzniFaye

Answer by BryzniFaye at 7:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2011