How can i get my child in day care for free if i want to work and go to college?

I really want to go back to work and college but i can't now that i have a baby it's really hard i don't who could take care of her i need a day care that will be free or at least really cheap can somebody help me make a schedule for me to get back in school and work ? My mom past away and I only have my dad so it's really hard.

Abygail5711

Asked by Abygail5711 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• humm... maybe something you should have thought of sooner.
    call your mommy maybe she will baby sit for free.
    Anonymous

• Look up Coordinated Child Care, or the equivalent in your state. I know people who pay no more than $6 a week for child care, but the wait st is over 3 years long here. Good luck!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I know some states have child-care assistance. Talk to your Public heath department, they may be able to help you out on this one.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 7:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• some states furnish daycare check it out.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• go to www.childcareaware.org and find your local child care resource and referral agency, they will be able to give you more information
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• No daycare is free.. You need to get a childcare voucher most vouchers work where you pay 30% of your income for daycare or its only free if you attending school full time. Talk to your local welfare office if all else fails.
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 7:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Call your local county's department of social services. Childcare subsidies are often available for young women who want to better their situation by education or working. Many community colleges (and perhaps other colleges as well) offer childcare financial aid that allows you to use their daycare free while you are in class or working on your studies. I know our local community college does. Congratulations for wanting an education and income and whoever wrote that first answer is a b***h and don't let her crap get you down. Best of luck to you.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 7:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Have you thought about school on-line? What about your own business that way you could work it in around when you would have child care. That would eliminate daycare. Message me if interested.
    Shame on that first person's answer!!! That was VERY unkind!!!
    Good Luck and God Bless!!
    Sorry to hear about your loss.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• thank u that sounds likea good idea but i do plan to go back to work
    Abygail5711

Comment by Abygail5711 (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• child care assistance in your state.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011