Is there a way to determine (or tell) if you are having twins before the doctor tells you?

I'm curious if moms who have had twins or who are carrying twins if they had any way of knowing they were carrying more than one baby even before their doctor told them had two bundles of joy.

Raja828

Asked by Raja828 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My doctor told me I was having twins at my first pregnancy - "yes you're pregnant and it's twins."
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• There are signs. Increased symptoms over other pregnancies, fundal height measurements that are much larger than normal for you, palpating two separate identical body parts (two heads, two butts, etc), more movement than normal...

We didn't get an ultrasound with my second pregnancy and wondered right up til the day I gave birth whether I was having more than one lol. It seemed like a singleton pregnancy, but I did have some symptoms of twins. When the placenta came instead of another baby we knew for sure lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• oh you start showing sooner a lot sooner!
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 8:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2011