Can you tell me a bible verse about adultury or Affairs

maderacaligirl

Asked by maderacaligirl at 5:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• What do you want to know about it. The bible mentions this for different reasons.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 5:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• (Exodus 20:14 KJV) Thou shalt not commit adultery
    (Matthew 5:27 KJV) Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
    (Luke 16:18 KJV) Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Answer by gemgem at 5:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Great gem gem : to the OP did you have a motive for the scriptures?
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 5:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• LEV 18:20 "'Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor's wife and
    defile yourself with her.
    DEU 5:18 "You shall not commit adultery.
    PRO 2:16 It will save you also from the adulteress, from the wayward wife
    with her seductive words,

17 who has left the partner of her youth and ignored the covenant she made
    before God.

18 For her house leads down to death and her paths to the spirits of the
    dead.

19 None who go to her return or attain the paths of life.
    Anonymous

• I just want to know anything about it., I guess to give me some sort of closure, I want to read about it, I'm not sure if it will do anything for me I was reading the bible today and am trying to read more often, Don't have anything in mind that I want to read exactly about, just anything, and those verses are great. thankyou
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 6:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• if you are looking for a good place to dig into the bible try starting with proverbs psalms and the book of matthew is one of my favorites and an easy read
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Matthew 5: 27-30

27."You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.'
    28.But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
    29.If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
    30.And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Galations 5: 19-23

19.The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;
    20.idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
    21.and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
    22.But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
    23.gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• those are great!! Thank you guys so much!
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 7:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2008