Diabetic testing

i go next week for the diabetic testing where they make you drink that liquid and then wait an hour and draw blood....any advice on the taste or if if made you sick or not?

Brit0001

Asked by Brit0001 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's just sweet, not disgusting. I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes with my last pregnancy with that test, but it's no big deal. Just had to be careful with what I ate, but I am always careful anyway, so was okay.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It made me feel sick to my stomach. But it was not too horribly bad. I had the 2 hour test done last week. Good Luck! :)
    sparkles1986315

Answer by sparkles1986315 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• The first time I did it was back in the 90s, when they made you fast for 12 hours beforehand. That one made me throw up. But the last 2 times, 3 and 1 years ago, it was fine. I flunked it both times, but the test itself was okay.
    CDMelty

Answer by CDMelty at 8:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• thank you both i actually love sweets i think all my teeth are "a sweet tooth" lol so my co-worker said i should be fine lol
    Brit0001

Comment by Brit0001 (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• thank you too...hope i can keep it down lol i have only been sick twice so im really lucky there
    Brit0001

Comment by Brit0001 (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• it tastes like orange soda....well the one they gave me did.....since i have ADHD already i was extremely hyper not even 5 minutes after i drank it O.O i ended up being well below the border so i was good lol and i dont need anymore testing

oh also if i remember right (lol i read the label) that there's 5 grams of sugar ever fluid ounce O.O or .5 lol i was just trying to get it over with O.o
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 8:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Depends on what your doctor does. For my 1st, it was orange soda and did not make me sick. For the 2nd baby it was like sugar water and it made me soooo sick. I failed the first test and then had to drink it again 2 days later & do the 3 hour test.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• It tastes like extremely sugared watery koolaid. I had the red one. I mean it's not like your drinking a gallon though, you'll be fine. It made me very nauseous and I almost passed out when they were taking my blood but that was because I couldn't eat anything before. Youll do fine.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• yes its the orange stuff they gave it to me at my last apt. to keep until next week when i go to take it
    Brit0001

Comment by Brit0001 (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• The orange stuff tastes like really sweet orange soda. I love orange soda, but this stuff was horrible to me. They give you something like 5 minutes to drink it, but I never took that long--I always just downed it as fast as I could to get it over with. It made me a little nauseous, but nothing that was too bad.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 3, 2011