Childcare question

I just got a job after 3 years staying at home. We needed the extra money. I'm going to be bringing home around $325 a week. I need childcare from 1:00pm-6:45pm for 2 kids, 1 and 2 1/2 years. What rate should I be looking for? I don't want to work to pay childcare ya know, that seems silly and pointless to me. I'm in KY, if that matters. Thanks for any input.

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 8:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• go to www.childcareaware.org and find your local child care resource and referral agency. They can help you get a list of providers in your area and give you information about the average costs specific to where you are looking for care, as rates vary GREATLY even by county
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• im at at home babysitter and i charge $25 per day/per child up to 10 hours. I do offer sibling discounts,i currently accepted a family and she asked to pay$20 per child/per day..she has 2 children.
    I'm on the lower end of what people charge.
    a daycare will charge anywhere from $150-$200 per week per child for fulltime care...I live in Ohio,not sure what it is in Kentucky.
    You can look at childcare ads on craigsliat in your area to get a better idea of what they charge in your area.
    Good luck...daycare/babysitting rates is one reason i decided to stay home,lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I pay $3 an hour for my son...our days/times always vary. It's at an in-home daycare...I live in Iowa.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2011