Have you ever been drunk enough to sleep with your kid?

So, apparently Lot was a righteous man and that's why he was saved when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. But, then he goes into the desert and his daughters get him drunk enough to "seduce" him.  There isn't enough alcohol in the world to make me sleep with my own kid! How is that a righteous man? Someone who drinks in excess and then sleeps with his own daughters is righteous? Can someone please explain that to me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sabrina, if a man is drunk enough to pass out, he likely is too drunk to achieve erection or ejaculation :S
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yah but read the rest of the story...it didnt end so well for them!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• The bible has a lot of questionable parts. It's full of unethical treatment and disgusting acts. I'm quite glad the Christians of today don't live by it's actual laws, or I'd have been stoned to death repeatedly by now. Don't be too surprised at what you find in it, it's quite possibly the goriest and most sadistic book ever written.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 8:46 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I would assume he passed out. Even when a man passes out his body can respond to stimulation... So I have always thought it was more of a rape thing than it was seduction...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Alright, folks, Jesus came and released His followers from the law. In regards to Lot, yeah, it was disgusting. But it happened. Men are gross to begin with. Think about it... His wife had been turned into a pillar of salt. He hadn't gotten any in a while. They'll get it where they can.

Don't get me wrong, my daddy has never looked twice at me, but women are a whole lot more available to him than they were to Lot...
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 8:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Lots daughters got him drunk because they thought that their fathers lineage was going to end. Lot apparently didnt know what was going on .So Lot was not the one who seduced his daughters they seduced him and he was unaware because he was drunk. Yeah its pretty gross to think of it I wouldnt do it if me and my dad were the only ones left in the world but I dont know people do strange things.To God sin is sin and its always forgivable
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Ha ha. That's one of the many MANY parts of the Bible that is ludicrous. And "NO!" not in a million ga-zillion years.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I agree the Gory stories in the Bible were based on the doings of man in that time era....that's how they did things, but that's not what the Bible is about. it's not teaching Sunday school kiddies to sleep with daddy. Lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• That and so many other reasons make me glad that I don't believe in any sort of religion.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Jesus's death released followers from the old testament laws... not all law. Eating pork is no longer bad, but incest is still not permitted.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2011