Why would a "Christian" say

My daughter will go to hell? My daughter is 14 and thinks she might be bi. Some lady on CM told me she just got her 1 way ticket to hell. I'm just wondering if God appointed her to be in charge of who goes to hell or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I, too, am a devout Christian. There is NO way I would say someone would go to hell for being bi or gay. While I do not condone the behavior at all, the only way to "get" to hell is to reject (not accept) Jesus as one's Savior. People like her give all Christians bad names.
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 8:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Many people, religious or not, can't accept that other people have different views. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't like gays, don't marry your own gender. It's the same as if you don't like pizza. Well then, don't eat pizza. Don't rage at people eating pizza and try to make pizza-eating illegal.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 8:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• don't judge all "Christians" for one attitude and or opinion because that statement wasn't very Christ like of her . True Christians don't Judge!!!! that's for God to do!!! take Care and God Bless you and keep you through this time and If your Daughter wants to experiment well that's for her to decide we don't walk in her shoes or live in her skin.

traren

Answer by traren at 8:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Because the world is full of hypocritcal people.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 8:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• You don't have to be perfect to be a Christian.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I would say love your daughter and help her through the tough situations. It is your job as her mother to offer unwavering support and guidance. You will always love her. Anyone who says that following your heart sends you to hell is not acting very "Christian" in my book.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• True, her comment to me was that she was a very devout Christian and my daughter got her 1 way ticket to Hell. At first I was mad but I can't let some uneducated chick I don't even know piss me off.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• No one but God can decide on who goes to "Hell"...I myself believe that we will all go to Heaven with God because he loves us all & gives us chances after chances & on judgement day we are asked "Are you sorry for all your sins" then the decision will be made & not before...this is my thoughts & belief
    joyce91241

Answer by joyce91241 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Yes, I agree mrsjon, my daughter has accepted Jesus as her savior.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• In short, I agree with mrsjon.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2011