What's the craziest thing an inlaw has done to you?

My friend just bought a house and she had asked her MIL if she could let the AC guy in because she and her husband couldn't get off work. She stupidly gave her a key. My friend comes home and there are 4 cars in her driveway. She walks in and there's MIL and 3 friends sitting there drinking tea! She had to let the AC guy in at 11,this was after 5pm!! She wondered if she left and came back,or was there for 6 hours entertaining her friends. Her MIL said she wanted to show her friends the house. ummmm,what??
She went down the next day bright and early and had the locks changed! lol

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• With my MIL, she didn't come to our wedding because she didn't like how our invitations were worded. She didn't come to my baby shower because she wanted to give me a shower separate from everyone else (my family and dh's family gave me one together and there was only one). She has bought clothes in the wrong size to hear me say they were too small (which I quit doing, and would tell her they were perfect lol). What she's done to my dh, she's called him regularly to tell him he was worthless, etc. She now doesn't speak to us at all. Except her pc keeps sending me virus ridden emails lol. Don't get me started on my FIL lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Your situation is kind of funny. The first time I got married, when my husband and I went to visit my MIL and FIL for the FIRST TIME EVER, she had NEVER met me before--she invited ALL of my husband's ex girlfriends over for a "family" BBQ. So there I was, newly married with my husband and a bunch of his exes show up for the family BBQ. It was just sick and wrong. She continued her strange shit up until I got divorced and even after. Then she died. My new hubby's mother is already dead but from what I hear, she was a gem!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My MIL refused to go to my son's birthday because at christmas she thought I looked like a hooker which everyone have agreed on I wasn't
    proudmom717

Answer by proudmom717 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• we recently had my fil over for dinner and he asked why there was a knife in the butter when we had our own. I said that I prefer it that way because I don't like food in the butter. He said his mom was the same way and then put his potato covered knife in the butter. Rather than let it get to me I made a mental note to either serve butterless potatoes next time he's there and claim we have none or put out a small dish of butter and throw what's left out. Game on old man! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My MIL, before she was actually my mil...kicked me, 8 months pregnant, and my now husband out of the house saying that I was lazy and NEVER did anything around the house (BS) I did a LOT around the house. She also said a lot of hurtful & untrue things. We also got in a HUGE argument where I called her a bitch to her face...we now talk pretty much everyday...(she's bipolar). yup...that's about that.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My SIL is evil. I'm not FB friends and I have nothing to do with her. She seeks me out on FB just to tell me what apiece of shit I am then when I respond she accuses me of harassing her and blocks me. tHEN uses her kids profiles to message DH to tell him to tell I'm trash.....go figure.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• Ack typo! She told him to tell me I'm trash.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• My SIL offered me $20,000 to divorce my husband and let him and my step-daughter live with them so they could teach my DH some integrity and raise my step-daughter properly because I was homeschooling and she belonged in a public school. Some days I wonder if I should have taken them up on the deal. LOL
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• your friends MIL sounds like mine!! She lives down the road and is always stopping in. And if I am not here (sometimes when I am) she feels the need to go through things. The one day she commented on how much breastmilk I had frozen, why would you even think to look through someone's freezer? I usually just shrug her off though but God is it tough sometimes!! When we were trying to get pregnant she was constantly trying to give us position advice. I had left an envelope of my sons pictures for my BIL's girlfriend and instead my MIL gave them to her friend, I could go on & on!!!
    marathonMama78

Answer by marathonMama78 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2011

• I can kind of see why your friends MIL wanted to show her friends the house. I mean, shes proud of her son and all. It is a bit extreme to sit there and entertain, especially without permission, but its also a bit extreme to change the locks and not let her have a key. Probably talking to her and telling her that was too much would have worked.
    My husband's father's side of his family quit talking to us because we didn't go to their wedding vow renewal or help pay for it. I was very pregnant and my doctor told me I could not travel. My husband told them he wouldn't go either, just in case I needed him. They asked if we could pay for some portion instead and when we let them know we couldn't afford it, they quit talking to us! Horrible :(
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 9:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2011